photo headerfinal_zps84abaf84.png
 photo home_zps4949f88b.png photo about_zpsa304bf72.png photo press_zps4c826338.png photo collaborate_zps1e6a7452.png photo read_zps3fbf2a3c.png photo contact_zps43eca946.png

Monday, November 14, 2011

Trip to the Mountain

When K and I moved to the Raleigh area, we were moving 5 hours away from our Mountain house, so we have been moving furniture in spurts. This past weekend some storage room opened up for us so we figured we'd go back and get the rest of our stuff. Thank you BYE weekend, we shove as much as we can into the 36 hour period the football coach has off.

Unfortunately we were about a week or two late to see all of the gorgeous fall leaves. Even though I feel like Raleigh is in its prime week, the mountain is ahead. There was a bit of color for me left...


We pulled in very late Friday night and this is what I woke up to Saturday morning... Since we were on a mattress on the floor....45 degrees in the DMH (remember....darn mountain house) we might as well have been camping...and I really don't like camping...Thank goodness the critters left me alone!


We worked to move everything by noon...And I don't think I've worked so hard in my whole life! I could barely walk on Sunday. Of course the husband and I fell for some infomercial for the "Forearm Forklift" and they worked!! I lifted two armoires!! Heavy ones!!



View from our Porch



We have becomes pros getting this truck up the Mountain!

Goodbye House....


See ya next time...



And lastly...I'm going to leave you with a photo of the two beauties I want to RE-DO! No time or space right now...but sometime in the future, and don't worry...I'll blog about it!



Happy Monday! Have a fabulous week!

3 comments:

jessica said...

That is such a gorgeous home! SOunds like a perfect weekend to me :)

Marionberry Style said...

That looks like an insanely peaceful retreat Mia! I bet when the leaves are turning, it is unbelievable.
Sounds like you got a workout in with all that lifting/moving. Yuck!

XO - Marion

Katie said...

I love the NC mountains! Your mountain house looks gorgeous, but I can imagine that was a ton of work!