photo headerfinal_zps84abaf84.png
 photo home_zps4949f88b.png photo about_zpsa304bf72.png photo press_zps4c826338.png photo collaborate_zps1e6a7452.png photo read_zps3fbf2a3c.png photo contact_zps43eca946.png

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Christmas Tree!!

Big day! Favorite day in the challenge AND my new blog design is up! What do you think? Head on over to Munchkinland Designs and tell Jenn what a great job she did!

I wanted to share my Christmas decorations the next few weeks and I thought why not tie it in with Amber and Neely's Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge. Today is the Holiday Decorations category, I want to feature my Tree! It is by far my favorite Christmas decoration. The rest of my decorations will be up later!



Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge



My husband and I bought a fake Christmas tree a few years back for like $20. Well you definitely get what you pay for. I call it the Charlie Brown Christmas tree because you can see RIGHT through it! Here is our first Christmas of putting it up....




HELLO holes!!

Well I want a big huge thick beautiful tree someday...but for right now I want to make this Charlie Brown Tree work...So this year, to stay in our white and silver theme, I tried to put as much stuff on our tree to cover the holes as possible! So here goes....


I wanted to start with a huge ribbon bow with tails going down the tree. I had glitter EVERY where, but it wasn't so bad. If you want to do this at home, I followed this video.

I started with this glitter mesh ribbon

And after some hand cramps and fumbling....it turned into this!

Then I wanted to add the pretty tails on and I chose the same glitter mesh ribbon and another solid glitter ribbon

Once that was done I wanted to add some glitter leaf branches to the top and throughout the Tree



Next I filled in the tree with little silver and white berry branches

Then sparkly silver curly q picks


Then I doubled up on silver and white ornaments

I added the glamorous ornaments from Hobby Lobby


And mirrorballs

I finished the tree with the gorgeous tree skirt my mom made out of white fur, silver trim, and crystals!

And it all comes together and TA DA!



I'm still a huge fan of my traditional/keepsake ornaments, so I will be sprinkling those throughout.

So this is by far my favorite Christmas decoration! Have fun decorating!



Also...did you enter my Michael Buble Christmas CD giveaway yet? Enter here.

19 comments:

Trish said...

Your tree looks amazing! You definitely wouldn't know it's a $20 tree :)

Keely said...

Girl....your tree is stunning :0)

jessica said...

Holy moly now THAT is a Christmas tree! You did an awesome job!

Perfectly Jenn said...

You did an amazing job on your tree girlie! It's beautiful!

The Bases said...

Love the blog design! Your tree looks very nice! Very classy!

Katie said...

Wow, the tree is gorgeous!! And I love the new blog design. :)

Megan said...

That before and after is amazing!

Established: 2008 said...

Love the white and silver theme! Very elegant.

Monica said...

wow! Your tree looks amazing! No one would guess it was a $20 tree to start with!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tree!

Casey said...

Here from the challenge :)

Oh my gosh you did amazing! Does not even look like the same $20 tree! Great job!!

Unknown said...

Oh very cute! Very! I put a Snowman and a bow (that I made! Yes lots of cramps) at the top of our tree!

Casey said...

PS love your blog - I'm your newest follower! :)

Miranda said...

amazing tree!!!! i love the new blog design! especially the football holding :) what teams are your favorite? do you watch college or nfl?

Betty said...

I love your blog design, it's so cute!

And your tree is beautiful! I love the silver!! You did an awesome job!

Weasie said...

great tree. so proud of you the thanksgiving pictures were great love you!!! Granny

The Sweet Life said...

Gorgeous. I love your tree.

Mae B said...

it's gorgeous! I especially love the huge gold glitter bow topper! well done xx

Fash Boulevard said...

omg. you are so creative. this looks beyond stunning. super happy I stumbled onto your blog. definitely following. If you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my fashion blog. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA local. My outfit post today I shot it in front of Dee's house from Clueless. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com