photo headerfinal_zps84abaf84.png
 photo home_zps4949f88b.png photo about_zpsa304bf72.png photo press_zps4c826338.png photo collaborate_zps1e6a7452.png photo read_zps3fbf2a3c.png photo contact_zps43eca946.png

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stand Out Lips

I love experimenting with new makeup colors, but I usually stick to different shades of eyeshadow or eyeliner. Lately, I can't help but be drawn to the bright pink and orange lipstick shades! I think lipstick is scary. I've never worn it, so call me a rookie. Last Thursday I posted a picture with bright pink lipstick and I had several people tell me they were terrified to try it too! My advice, just try it! It is one of those things where you will be your own toughest critic. Once you start wearing it and get used to it, it becomes a new daily staple. My two colors of choice: Rimmel's Kate Moss #12 and Smashbox Be Legendary in Pink Petal.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

You will have to try different shades depending on your skin tone, hair and even age! If you have a pink/rosy  complexion look for something with a blue undertone and if you have a warmer/golden complexion look for something with an orange undertone. Since all of those undertones overwhelm me I usually ask an expert at the counter!

Here is some inspiration:



















My number one piece of advice when applying lipstick, especially bold lipstick, is take your time! This isn't a gloss you can swipe on while walking or talking, or atleast not for me. I'd end up looking like Bozo the Clown. Lipstick needs to go on perfectly. Liner is also a great way to help get a polished look!

I hope you go and try a bright color today! Check back tomorrow for Marion's Trend of the Month Challenge!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Girl, you are bolder than I am. Bright lips scare me.

Neely said...

I will say it again, I wish I was brave. I stick to pale pink gloss...Im such a wuss

TheTinyHeart said...

I'm so afraid of lipstick in general (I feel like it always looks weird on me) but it is something I really want to try!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Unknown said...

Stand out lips is shown here. Useful post
salon and spa